Vander's Thoughts

Vander's Thoughts

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

One Word

One Word

It’s that time of year again when we look back on our lives and make a decision to change some things. Perhaps all the things that we wished we would have done or realized we should have done or stopped doing or started doing all to improve our lives.

This past weekend I heard an intriguing message at my church that dealt with a new concept of New Years change called One Word. They idea is simple, instead of making a New Years resolution and change only one thing in your life, focus on One Word that could actually change everything in your life.

I really don’t know how many times I have a made a resolution to change, but I’m pretty sure I’ve been successful exactly 0% of the time. That’s’ why I’m so intrigued by One Word because it just might actually work. Maybe your struggling with your weight, well instead of resolving to eat better, your One Word may be ‘Healthy’. Therefore instead of just changing your eating habits, you focus on everything that makes your life healthy and just maybe for the first time you actually achieve the weight that you have always wanted.

My word for 2011 is ‘Truth’. It’s not because I have a problem with lying or anything, but my hope is that I can pursue truth in my life like never before. I want to dedicate myself to seeking God’s truth everyday in His word, I want to live His truth everyday of my life, and I want to speak the truth to others no matter how hard or at what cost. For me I want 2011 to be a year where living in the truth of God’s word will change my habits, my relationships and most importantly change me for the better.

What’s your One Word that will change everything in 2011?

1 comment:

  1. hey mike

    i like this a lot. the concept is great. you got me thinking about what my one word would be. i think that word is going to "bold" or "boldness". i want to challenge myself to be able to speak boldly about the Gospel to people i dont know, and even people in my own family that i know it is going to a hard conversation. to try and be BOLD in everything i do in order to get the Gospel across to people where i usually feel uncomfortable and i usually hold my tongue.


    so thank you. i loved this.

    ReplyDelete